|Home||Farm Walk||Pit your wits||Time Line||Information||Outdoor Learning||Contact Us|
Outdoor education and play at Cliffs Farm
|Activities for children aged 6 to 12|
· a safe space
· basic equipment
· start points
· freedom to choose and direct play
Activities start with a treasure hunt|
The aim of the hunt is to help the children to familiarise themselves with the space and its boundaries. Treasure hunts encourage children to observe their surroundings and help them begin working in partnership with each other.
The type of hunt depends on the focus of the day. For example...
· The children look for letters to make a name for their group
· Pictures to make a story
· Natural materials that are every colour of the rainbow
|There are five themes, each with a different ‘resource box’ to encourage free play. |
|In each resource box you will find...|
1. Den building box: String, rope, sleeping bags, blankets.
2. Kitchen box: Perfume, stone soup, cakes and biscuits, mud pies.
3.Wildlife exploring box: Magnifiers, collecting tubs, sketch books, camera, identification books and charts, binoculars.
4. Creative activity box: Willow weaving, Clay tiles and pots, flower arranging, musical instruments, space blanket, shower curtain, paint, paper.
5. Physical activities box: Digging, tyres, barrels, crates, obstacle courses
|For younger children...|
Imaginative play days can be arranged to fit with a theme.
Activity boxes provide dressing up clothes, story books and pictures.